Can I Wear Eyeliner With Eyelash Extensions?
Let’s be honest, most of the makeup you used before Eyelash Extensions still works today. However, in order to protect your beautiful lashes, you need to be extra careful. Then you must be asking “Can I apply eyeliner at the same time as eyelash extensions”?
Yes, You can wear eyeliner with Lash Extensions. Applying eyeliner can make your eyes more energetic, the best Eyeliner is liquid eyeliner and eyeshadow eyeliner, while gel eyeliner and waterproof eyeliner are the worst. You should avoid oily eyeliner, as the lash glue will dissolve in the oil if used repeatedly.
Why You Should Avoid Eyeliner With Eyelash Extensions?
Before you choose the perfect eyeliner to go with your gorgeous new lash extensions, it’s important to first understand how it can help or hurt your extensions. As long as you understand what you need to avoid damaging your lashes, that’s it!
- Do not let the eyeliner touch or penetrate the lashes, as the eyelash adhesive will slowly break down due to the oil on the eyeliner. This can cause the eyelashes to fall out prematurely!
- Don’t apply multiple layers of liner on your lashes, false lashes can stick together all day long, further injuring your lashes.
- Do not use unhygienic eyeliner, which can lead to eye infections as bacteria or fungus can build up in the eyeliner bottle! This is really dangerous!
- Don’t use eyeliner too often, it can block the glands around the eyes, also known as the meibomian glands. This can lead to acute blepharitis!
- Be careful not to hurt your cornea when applying eyeliner!
Types Of Eyeliners You Can Wear
- Liquid Liner: This eyeliner may come as a Liquid Liner Pen, gel pot, or in a tube. Besides being easy-to-apply, liquid liners are also easy to remove with warm water.
- Powder Eyeliner: The black pressed powder that’s often applied using an angled brush around the eyes.It’s the best way to define your eyes when wearing eyelash extensions without irritating them too much. Moreover, it’s quite easy to remove with water too.
- Water-Based: Any eyeliner you decide to use with eyelash extensions must be water-based as opposed to oil-based.
- Cake Liner: While this type of eyeliner smudges easily, it’s gentle, easy to remove, and perfect for creating a vintage-inspired look.